Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"And... and I'm... I'm real. I'm a real boy!"

I haven't blogged since May. Hmm. Wonder why.

So, though my "exciting" life of no-strings-attached flings and emotional evasion were... well, all I'd ever known, I decided this summer to class-up my act a bit. I dubbed this summer the summer of "growing up," and aside from a sloppy kiss after a few too many glasses of wine, I kept myself off the market and out of trouble.

After a few cut ties from a poisonous influence or two, I felt that I was ready to grow up and have my very first big-girl relationship, and let me just tell you that he is great.

To keep up with the theme of my previous posts I will shorten his name, but only for that reason. The boys in the previous posts were given aliases out of my sheer embarrassment, but as proud as I am of my big girl relationship with this boy, I need my symmetry. So, we'll call this one Pob.

Pob worked with me at my temporary summer job in the city, and we spent the better portion of our three months working together ignoring one another, but after a clumsy fall on my part, our relationship began to blossom.

Our first out-of-work excursion began with friends and ended with us sitting in the parking-lot engrossed in conversation until the wee hours of the morning. I can not remember the last time I had a boy that I actually wanted to spend time with while fully clothed, but this boy sparked that in me.

He and I became cuddly and cute almost instantaneously, but we had still yet to have even a kiss. I was ecstatic. I knew that not adding the physical action in until later was the classy and grown-up thing to do,  but I was very anxiously awaiting that first move.

It happened on our first... wait for it... real date.
Who's a classy girl now? Oh, right. That's me.

Our first kiss may have been the most precious thing I've ever experienced. I haven't ever felt like I was in a chart topping romantic comedy as much as I do with this boy, but there's always a downside.

The wonderful part of moving back to the city for the summer was getting to live in the city (and meet him), but as the rules go, summertime must come to an end.
I have six more days until he and I go our separate ways, but I am staying optimistic.

I think being a novice relationship haver and making number one long-distance is a wonderful plan, but time will only tell.
Updates to come.

Love,
-B.

No comments:

Post a Comment